Fairways Judo Academy is affiliated to KANO INSTITUTE OF JUDO. Kano Institute of Judo was established in 1952 by Joe Knoester who was one of the founders of Judo in South Africa. Today Kano is one of the strongest and biggest clubs in the country, producing international, provincial and local champions annually.
Kano does not only achieve on the highest levels in competitions, but also on the officials level. Last year South Africa made history by having it’s first referee officiating at the 2012 Olympics in London. This Referee was Oscar Knoester – the head of Kano Institute of Judo!
At our last International Tournament – the Zone 6 Games in Zambia in December 2012, South Africa took first place – 9 gold medals of which our club, our Kano students took 4 gold medals and 1 bronze medal! I myself was the Head Referee at this Tournament.
- JUDO is an Olympic sport and the safest martial art for children under the age of 13 years.
- JUDO teaches your child self confidence, discipline and respect for themselves and others.
- JUDO develops their physical fitness, flexibility, balance, concentration and co-ordination.
- JUDO teaches modern self defence which is so important in the times we are living in today!
- JUDO is practised equally by BOYS and GIRLS!
Kano Institute of Judo consists of 3 highly qualified Instructors and over 20 clubs all over Central Gauteng area teaching students from ages 5 years up to adults. See our website for details.
At Fairways Primary School I teach on Tuesdays, 15h15 – 16h15.
Congratulations to Aveshan Reddy – Sportsman of the Year for Fairways Judo Academy 2012!
Once you join a club you can train as many times a week as you wish at any club. We do not charge per class. You are welcome to come for a free trial class at any time!
Brigitte Hupkes (Ni Dan Black belt, Springbok, Provincial Coach for Central Gauteng, International Referee, Director of Referees for Central Gauteng)
Contact: 011 475 6326, 082 863 9831, [email protected]